Project Update 10/13/2016
WORK COMPLETED LAST WEEK:
- Continued placement, grading, and compaction of baseball infield granular.
- Continued final grading of topsoil within Wescott Park in preparation for new sod.
- Completed fine grading and placement of sod in parkway areas between new curbs and sidewalks along the south side of Farnsworth Lane and associated side streets affected by construction.
- Began fine grading of topsoil and placement of sod along the west side of Wescott Park between the new asphalt pathway and the rear property lines of the homes along Fieldwood Drive adjacent to the Park.
- Completed installation of new trees in the parkway along Farnsworth Lane.
- Completed placement, final grading, and compaction of granular base for hot-mixed asphalt path along the west side of Wescott Park.
- Completed placement of hot-mixed asphalt for the new path along the west side of Wescott Park.
- Completed installation and final testing of valves and backflow preventer required for the irrigation system.
- Completed installation of non-potable water hydrant for municipal use.
- Installed protective enclosures over the water meter, backflow preventer, and associated valves for the Rainwater Harvesting and Irrigation Systems.
- Installed new drinking fountain on new concrete pad in Wescott Park.
- Installed “Keep Off the Sod” signs in Wescott Park in preparation to receive new sod delivery.
- Completed wiring and terminations for the electrical devices associated with the Rainwater Harvesting System.
- Removed soil erosion fencing from perimeter of Wescott Park.
WORK SCHEDULED FOR THE NEXT WEEK
- Complete placement, grading, and compaction of baseball infield granular.
- Remove temporary chain-link fencing from Wescott Park prior to placement of new sod within the Park.
- Begin final stage of the restoration of Wescott Park with the placement of sod across the complete Park site disturbed by construction.
- Complete installation of trees, shrubs, and miscellaneous plantings that remain to be planted in the northwest corner of Wescott Park.
- Receive final electrical service from Commonwealth Edison to power the Irrigation and Rainwater Harvesting Systems.
- Prepare subgrade, form, reinforce, and place concrete for the last 20-foot section of sidewalk to be replaced at the construction entrance to Wescott park off Farnsworth Lane.
- Continued maintenance of the roadways, as required, to remove debris, spoils, and dust generated by construction activities.
- Complete final testing and start-up the Irrigation and Rainwater Harvesting Systems.
- Replace light-gauge backstop fencing wire/fabric with specified gauge fabric. Work expected to be completed Thursday.
- Remove existing pole and job progress camera at northeast corner of Wescott Park.
- Complete deficiency list items to allow Project to be completed and closed.
NOTICES AND UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Detours, Closures, and Final Roadway Restoration:
All concrete roadway surfaces disturbed by construction along Farnsworth Lane from Western Avenue westward to Ellendale Drive, including portions of Fieldwood Drive, Sunnyside Circle, and Ellendale Drive, have been completely restored.
For the next week, partial roadway lane closures can be expected along Farnsworth Lane between Western Avenue and Ellendale Drive, including portions of Fieldwood Drive, Sunnyside Circle, and Ellendale Drive. These closures will be limited to those locations where work is being completed adjacent to Wescott Park, sod is being watered, roadway construction joints are being sealed, and road sealants are being applied. These closures will only occur while these activities are taking place, during normal work hours, and fully re-open at the end of the work day.
Letters weree distributed to residents along Farnsworth Lane and adjacent side streets Wednesday, October 12th, advising them of large area, short duration, road closures related to the application of construction joint and roadway surface sealants. Residents should expect periodic roadway closures starting Thursday, October 13th, through a portion of the week of October 17th, depending upon weather.
- Restoration of Sidewalks:
Sidewalks disturbed by construction along Farnsworth Lane from Western Avenue westward to Ellendale Drive, including those portions of sidewalk along Fieldwood Drive, Sunnyside Circle, and Ellendale Drive, have been completely restored. The only exception is a 20-foot long section of sidewalk located where the contractor accesses Wescott Park off Farnsworth Lane. This section will be replaced after all sod has been delivered to the Park, to avoid being damaged from the heavy equipment and trucks crossing into the Park.